Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Uncles



Allot has happened since my last post. Dad has lung cancer, went through surgery and is now half way through chemo. Mom had a heart attach and a triple bi-pass. I was in Arkansas for almost 3 weeks to help until things were in place for them. I will always remember this period of time as we grew even closer. While in Monticello I also checked on my Uncles Carl and Ordie Watts. Ordie has bone cancer and is taking chemo and wearing morphin patches. He is getting his affairs in order. I have lots of memories with both of them. Garrison Keillor, the entertainer, sings a song "Goodbye to my Uncles" which is most appropriate at this stage of life. It is a respectful song yet sad of course. My memories are dear to me and I have been telling them how much they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment